Mechanical Engineer I/II
Do you want to combat the climate crisis through transformative building solutions? We have an opportunity to use your skills to contribute to energy efficiency and decarbonization.
Ecotope is looking for a highly motivated and creative Mechanical Engineer I/II to support our Design Team in decarbonizing the building sector. We are a mission-driven company dedicated to transforming the building industry away from the use of fossil fuels to highly efficient all-electric systems. Our work at Ecotope focuses on three responses that the building industry needs to make to the climate crisis:
- Electrify Buildings
Stop burning fossil fuels in our buildings and transition to highly efficient heat pump systems and other electric technologies.
- Efficiency is Energy
Work towards driving down the energy use in buildings to free up grid capacity for electric vehicles and future development.
- When Matters
As our grid transitions to reliance on solar and wind generation, we strive to develop the technology to shift our energy use away from peak demand periods and into times of the day with plentiful solar energy.
At Ecotope, we value creative, focused, highly communicative, and thoughtful individuals who bring a “can do” attitude. We seek out individuals who are aligned with our mission and are not afraid to challenge the status quo with leading edge scientific advancements.
As an Mechanical Design Engineer, some of the things that you may work on include:
- Design highly energy efficient HVAC and plumbing systems while demonstrating the most cutting-edge technologies and design strategies for decarbonizing buildings.
- Collect performance data in the field to help optimize system performance, learn lessons for product and design improvements, and validate effectiveness of new technologies.
- Assist in the development of basic engineering calculations, designs, and solutions.
- Execute tasks under the guidance of senior team members.
- Respond to internal design reviews, track plan revisions and redlines clearly
The biggest challenges that you will face:
- Developing approaches that are new and innovative while also ‘Keeping-It-Simple’.
- Finding ways that multiple stakeholders profit and win in a variety of ways. Our solutions must be better than the alternative business-as-usual solutions.
- Integration within overlapping projects with multiple stakeholders and funders.
Valuable abilities/attributes to excel in this position:
- Able to work well with others in a collaborative manner.
- Detail oriented, learn engineering concepts and how they are applied.
- Learn industry standards for drafting, equipment specification, code compliance documentation.
- Organized. Maintain clear and accessible history of file revisions and calculation iterations.
Qualifications and previous experience that will help you quickly engage with our work:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Experience using REVIT and 2D AutoCAD
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T.)
- Knowledge of MEP systems and engineering concepts
- Experience with building design and construction practices
- Basic programming knowledge (Python, Visual Basic)
- This position is not remote. There is an expectation of 3-4 days a week minimum in office.
- $55,000 to $93,000
- Eligible for profit-sharing bonuses
- 100% paid medical benefits for employee
- 3% safe harbor to 401k regardless of whether the employee chooses to contribute
- Profit sharing
- Paid sick leave
- 160 hours of vacation plus a winter break closure for the last week of the year
- 8 additional company holidays
- Complimentary unlimited ORCA card
- Up to $2,000 annual training/development fund
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to combine your engineering talent with your desire to address one of the most critical challenges of our time, then come join our team at Ecotope. We are looking for people who are aligned with our mission, seek life-long learning, want to work in a flexible hybrid work environment with a commitment to work-life balance, and who are not afraid to challenge the status quo with leading edge engineering advancements.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Mechanical Engineer I/II Applicant – Ecotope”
Submit one (1) PDF file containing:
- Cover letter (submissions without a cover letter will not be considered)